Friday, June 10, 2011

Four Ways Friday #51 - Broadsheet Alphabet

This week's Four Ways Friday shows you four ways to use the Broadsheet Alphabet!  I love the versatility of alphabet stamp sets and this one is no exception!
Alphabet stamp sets are perfect for making monogram notes!  Here I stamped the "M" in Elegant Eggplant onto a piece of First Edition designer series paper and then punched it out with a 1 1/2" circle punch.  The Natural Ivory panel was stamped with the flower from the Charming stamp set and then a corner knot was added with Very Vanilla satin ribbon.  This panel was layered onto an Elegant Eggplant panel with dimensionals and then adhered to a Perfect Plum card base stamped with the Wonderfully Worn background stamp using Elegant Eggplant ink.
This little 3x3 Whisper White card was quick and easy to make.  I scalloped a piece of a page out of an old book using the horizontal slot punch (retired).  I then stamped the "B" using Crumb Cake ink and adhered the paper to the card base.  The greeting from Define Your Life (I can't believe this stamp set is retiring!  I love it!!!) was stamped on the card using Jet Black Staz-On ink.  The bird from Friends 24-7 (also retiring at the end of the month) was stamped onto Naturals Ivory card stock, cut out and adhered to the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I added a button with some waxed twine and rounded two of the corners of the card.
With alphabet sets, you can spell out whatever word you want!  Here I used my markers to color the letters - half in Pacific Point and half in Pear Pizazz.  I then sewed them onto the cover of this handmade journal.  The journal was stamped using bubble wrap and dazzling diamonds was added for some bling!  The word "take" was stamped using the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers set (I told you I love alphabet sets!).  The Large Stipple Butterfly (retired) was heat embossed on vellum using black embossing powder and then colored in with markers and shimmer powder.  The journal was bound with various threads/yarns and twine.
For this final card I used the Broadsheet Alphabet in two distinct ways.  First I stamped the card base with Cherry Cobbler ink and the "X" and "O" multiple times.  The Whisper White panel was then stamped, with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig!  The panel was adhered to the card with dimensionals and then I used crystal effects to adhere Baja Breeze glass glitter around the edges of the panel.  The word "you" was stamped onto a round tab punched piece of Baja Breeze card stock using Early Espresso ink.  Finally, I added a thin piece of Marina Mist ribbon.  The finished card size is 4x4.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  It's hard to believe that next week will be Four Ways Friday #52!  That's a whole year of Four Ways Fridays!  Time sure does fly!!!!!  I hope you have a wonderful and abundantly creative weekend!

No comments: