Monday, June 13, 2011

Bella's Bloom Journal

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes I'm Unsure What To Do With The Inner Conflict
It's that time of year again for Stampin' Up!  Out with the old and in with the new.  As with any business, Stampin' Up! continues to introduce new products while discontinuing others.  This time of year always creates a bit of an inner battle for me.  Why?  Well, as a demonstrator it is important to share new products with you - to show you that we continue to bring new designs and new excitement into the crafting world.  Of course, as a demonstrator, selling is also a part of it.  If I only show you things that are no longer available for purchase from me, then I will likely not sell very much.  And here is the inner conflict - there is a part of me that is just fine with folks not buying anything at all (is it okay for me to say that?!).  As a matter of fact, I love my retired stamp sets and products and the idea of putting them on a shelf and not using them or even selling them just doesn't feel right to me.  I also don't want to encourage you to feel or think that you always need the newest product.  As a matter of fact, sometimes the most fun as an artist is making do with what you have on hand.
As a demonstrator it is in my sales interest to show you what is new.  For me as an artist it is important to not always need to newest thing - the next trend.  It is important for me to use that which inspires me, no matter what it's current "status" is as a commercial product.  Sometimes I am unsure what to do with this inner conflict.  Actually - maybe I'm quite sure - it's just a matter of admitting it...so here I go!  I am going to use whatever inspires me!!!!  If it is not something you can currently buy from me, so be it.  I hope that no matter what I share with you that what it will do is inspire you to create with whatever supplies you have!!!! :)  So this week is going to be an "Ode To Retired Stamps."  I am going to share project with you that mostly use those sets that have long since retired.  They still inspire me! :)  Here is a journal I recently made with Bella's Bloom, Days Gone By, some retired designer paper and yes, one current embossing folder - Elegant Lines.  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: