Monday, June 27, 2011

Broadsheet Alphabet Bookmark

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Pay Attention To Your Natural Rhythm
I have been traveling quite a bit for work in these past few months and I find that when I travel my "pace" seems to be "full speed ahead!"  I am the one who is almost race-walking through the airport once I arrive at home, believing that moving a bit faster will get me home a bit faster...and every second counts when it comes to being home!  I have been home for just over a week now and my body is finally returning to what I believe is my natural rhythm.  When I am at home long enough to decompress I find that the rhythm I enjoy is one of slow contemplation - the ability to sit in the backyard and weed the garden slowly.  Walking the dog at a pace that is recognizable as slow and steady - not hurry and get it done.  I feel so much more at peace when I am attune to my natural rhythm.  I wonder how I can bring this peace to my pace when I travel.  I know it begins with my inner dialogue.  I wonder what I can whisper to myself that will remind me to just "be?"  To let myself flow at my own right pace.  To be respectful of my body and its rhythm.  What is your natural rhythm?  How do you encourage yourself to respect your own pace?
Today's project was one of a number of quick bookmarks that a friend came over to make for a family reunion she was going to over Father's Day.  We used card stock (in this case a combination of brushed silver, whisper white, early espresso and sage shadow- retired).  The white was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The letters were stamped using the Broadsheet Alphabet and Chocolate Chip ink.  The ribbon was sewn on with the sewing machine.  I hope you like it!

No comments: