Friday, June 24, 2011

Four Ways Friday #52 - Pennant Parade SNEAK PEEK!

Wow!  It's amazing to think that I have been doing Four Ways Friday for 52 weeks!!!!  That's a big milestone for me!  I hope you've enjoyed Four Ways Friday as much as I have :)  This week's Four Ways is all about the new Pennant Parade stamp set!  I had a ton of fun coming up with ideas for how to use this adorable new set!
The idea for this first card came to me in the shower!  I seem to get ideas when I am totally relaxed - either on my morning walks or in the shower :)  I used one of the pennant stamps to create the "arms" of this star.  I stamped them with Riding Hood Red and Night Of Navy ink and cut them out and then scored them down the middle.  They were adhered to the card with glue.  I made the paper rosette by cutting strips of designer paper 3/4" x 6" each and then scoring them each 1/4" and then gluing the ends together before using hot glue to form the rosette circle.  I adhered the rosette to the card with pop-up glue dots.  A rhinestone brad finishes the center.  The small star stamp from the Pennant Parade set was perfect for this card!  I die cut the "4" using my Simple Numbers dies and the Big Shot.  The July is from the Full Calendar stamp set and the "happy" from Fabulous Phrases.  Finally, I sponged the edges of the Natural Ivory card base with Night of Navy ink.
This second card uses the pennants in a much more "traditional" way.  I stamped the pennant onto Pink Pirouette card stock with Basic Black ink and cut them out (I don't have the pennant punch yet, but I have a feeling I'll be ordering it!).  I then stamped the letters from the Calendar Alphabet & Numbers set in Chocolate Chip ink onto Baja Breeze card stock and punched them out with the 1/2" circle punch.  They were popped up using dimensionals.  The "hello" was stamped in Chocolate Chip and the card stock was cut to make a mini banner.  I adhered the crochet thread to the Natural Ivory card base and then adhered the pennants.  The bunny from Forest Friends was stamped using Chocolate Chip as well and then I used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges of this simple card.
Don't forget that you can cut up the triangle shape of the pennants to make other shapes!  Here I turned a pennant into the bottom of a cupcake and used the scallop circle punch to create the top of the cupcake.  I frosted the cupcake with faux frosting made of styrofoam (you can see my video on how to make this faux frosting HERE).  The background was stamped in Regal Rose using the A to Z stamp.  The "wish big" from the Pennant Parade set was stamped using Tempting Turquoise.
Of course, I couldn't waste the little piece I cut off of the pennant!  I decided it looked like an ice cream cone!  I created the scoop of ice cream using the scallop oval punch and the 3/4" circle punch.  I added sprinkles (tiny "waste" from my small hole punch) and covered them with crystal effects.  The greeting on the decorative label is a combination of two stamps from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set stamped with Melon Mambo.
I hope you've enjoyed this Sneak Peek at this adorable new Pennant Parade stamp set!  Thank you so much for stopping by and celebrating my 52nd Four Ways Friday with me! :)  I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend!!!!!

No comments: