Monday, June 20, 2011

America The Beautiful Broadsheet Alphabet Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Is Amazing What Can Happen From A Passing Glance!
There are times when you just need to step away from you art.  You get to a place where you are unsure what your next move is.  You hesitate because you just don't know what to do.  It is at these times that I allow myself to walk away and do something else or I turn to another piece of art that I am working on.  I keep the original piece nearby so that I can keep glancing at it.  Sometimes I'll walk out of the craft room and every time I walk by the doorway I will give the art piece a passing glance.  It is these brief glances that keep my subconscious in "create mode."  Then, at a moment when I least expect it, it seems an idea will pop into my head for what the next step is!  Sometimes you just need to step away and then keep glancing.  It is amazing what can happen from a passing glance!
I had submitted this card for a Stampin' Up! contest focusing on the Land That I Love.  It didn't win...although it was a real winner to me :)  Tomorrow I will share the other card I submitted for which I received an Honorable Mention and won a free stamp set!  Yeah!!!!!!  I had a ton of fun making this card and it seems very appropriate as we near the 4th of July.  I masked off the Night Of Navy section and inked it up.  I then used the direct to paper method to create the flag stripes with my Real Red ink pad.  The stars are from the Extreme Elements stamp set and were heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The letters are from the Broadsheet Alphabet stamp set and they were stamped in alternating colors, cut out and then embellished with champagne glass glitter.  I added some twine and a tiny library clip as well :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: