Thursday, June 23, 2011

Upsy Daisy 3x3 Stenciled Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Be Inspired By The Color That Surrounds You!
I went to the Denver Botanic Gardens today and was awe-struck by how gorgeous nature is!  The colors and textures, the types and varieties - just stunning.  I came home and all I wanted to do was try to replicate the bursts of color that I saw in the gardens.  Here is one scene that inspired me:
I used Melon Mambo, Pear Pizazz, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive to try to capture some of the color.  I sprayed the Pear Pizazz with mixtures of water and ink and frost white shimmer paint.  I sewed the panel to give it the texture of vines.  I sprayed the vintage stencil using Elegant Eggplant ink mixed with water.  The greeting was created using the ornament punch (I cut the top off of the ornament) and used the greeting from Upsy Daisy stamped with Rich Razzleberry.  I sponged the edges, added some rhinestones and popped it up on the card with dimensionals.  I hope you like it!  Here is another picture from the Gardens - maybe it will inspire you!  Isn't nature AMAZING?!?!

No comments: