Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vintage Vogue & Curly Cute Congrats Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Scale Back
Wow - talk about a lesson I need to keep relearning!  It can be so easy to add to the piles of stuff - craft stuff, house stuff, pet stuff.  The same can be true with cards.  I can get into a space where I feel like I need to keep adding and adding and adding - layers, embellishments, interest, bling...the list is endless.  So sometimes it is great to just scale back - in life and in your art.  To look at what you can do more simply.  This card is a result of that thought (although you might notice a few rhinestones and a bit of dazzling diamonds...I couldn't help myself!).
I stamped the Vintage Vogue floral line stamp in Chocolate Chip ink onto Naturals Ivory card stock using the stamp-a-ma-jig.  I then used the stamp-a-ma-jig again to center the greeting from Curly Cute over the floral line image. The single flower came next.  I then added just a touch of sparkle with a few rhinestones and a dash of dazzling diamonds.  I know I will continue on my quest to scale back...hopefully this card gets me one step closer!

No comments: