Monday, July 25, 2011

Eraser Stamping Birthday Card & Video!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Go For A Bike Ride!!!!
Did you watch the Tour de France????  Had you asked me that question about 6 years ago I would likely have responded, "The what?!?!"  That all changed about 6 years ago when I happened upon the channel that was broadcasting the bike race and I got hooked!  I'm not sure what it was that drew me in - maybe how the group of bikers (the peloton) moved together like a swarm of bees.  Or maybe it was just all that lycra?  Either way, it captivated me and I have watched every year since!  It is almost impossible to watch the stages of the Tour de France without getting totally motivated to get on a bike and ride!  No, you don't have to go out and buy all the fancy gear or the $12,000 Trek Madone bike (can you imagine?!).  Just dust off whatever bike is leaning up against the wall in your garage and take it for a spin!  It made me feel like a kid again, minus the banana seat and the tassels hanging from the handlebars :)  I am looking forward to taking more journeys on my bike and feeling the wind in my face!  How 'bout you?
Today's card was inspired by the need to make a quick birthday card.  I looked through my stamps and the tree stamp from Season of Friendship called out to me...as did a pencil eraser :)  Pencil erasers are a great addition to your stamp collection!  Here is a video to show you how I made this card - Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Cute card. That would be a great project to do with kids. I love that you added the glitter.

My husband and I recently treated ourselves to new bikes. I had to laugh when I read your comments on the Tour de France and the swarm of bees. We went for a ride on Sat. and were attacked not by bees, but by greenhead flies - the biting kind. I've never pedaled so fast in my life though I would not have come close to the Tour de France speed! We learned a valuable lesson or two (bug spray as well as sunscreen in the future!).