Friday, July 22, 2011

Four Ways Friday #54 - Notably Ornate

This week's Four Ways Friday focuses on using the Notably Ornate stamp set.  I've decided to post the cards from the most simple to the most complex so you can see how you can use this set to build layers and add interest to your cards!
I love images that look beautiful when stamped repeatedly on a card and this bird image is one!  Here I just stamped the bird image multiple times, in full and half strength, onto Whisper White card stock with Marina Mist ink.  The greeting was then stamped using Early Espresso ink.  So simple and so peaceful :)
This second card required stamping and a small bit of cutting.  Here I stamped the parts of the oval image that I wanted by inking those parts of the stamp using a Bravo Burgundy marker.  I centered the image on the Very Vanilla card stock using the stamp-a-ma-jig.  I then stamped the "M" from the Lovely Letters Alphabet onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla card stock using Bravo Burgundy ink and cut it out with a hobby blade.  The monogram was then popped up on the card using pieces of dimensionals.  Finally I added a self-adhesive rhinestone for some bling.
For this third card I added a few more elements/layers.  Here I began by stamping the ornate line image onto the card base using black ink.  I then used some sticky strip to add the Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon to the left edge.  It is easy to ruffle the ribbon when you use the sticky strip!  I tied the bottom of the ribbon with a small piece of thread.  I then inked up the part of the oval image that I wanted using my black marker and stamped it onto Naturals Ivory card stock.  Using the stamp-a-ma-jig, I then centered the greeting from Just Believe in the center of the oval and stamped using black ink.  The oval was punched out using the extra large oval punch and a tiny rhinestone was added for some sparkle!  This oval was then mounted with dimensionals onto a piece of black card stock that was punched out using the decorative label punch.  This was then added to the card front using glue.
For this final card I added even more layering!  The Pink Pirouette card base was run through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  I then die cut a piece of Confetti card stock using the Top Note die.  The ornate lined image was stamped on the Top Note die cut using Early Espresso ink.  The edges were the sponged, also using Early Espresso ink.  Next I stamped the bird, using Early Espresso ink, onto Confetti card stock and cut the bird out with scissors.  The bird was then added to the card using dimensionals.  The oval image was stamped onto a piece of Confetti card stock and punched out with the extra large oval punch.  The edges of the oval were sponged with Early Espresso ink.  The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped in Early Espresso onto Confetti card stock and then punched out with the Modern Label punch.  The edges were sponged and small self-adhesive pearls were added before adhered the greeting to the oval with dimensionals.  A piece of Early Edition designer paper was punched out using the Decorative Label punch and then I sponged the entire piece with Early Espresso ink.  This was added to the card using glue and then the oval was added on top of this piece, also using glue.  Finally, although it is difficult to see in the photo, I added dazzling diamonds to some of the flourishes to give the card some sparkle!
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I do appreciate your stopping by!  I hope you have a fabulous and very creative weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love how you've "built" up these cards. They are all wonderful examples but I am truly inspired by your simple cards. You take simplicity to a new level. Thanks for sharing.