Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  My Dreams Are Trying To Tell Me Something...I Just Wish I Could Figure Out What!
There are some people who have the pleasure of having few or no nightmares.  I, unfortunately, am not one of them :(  There are a few recurring themes in my nightmares and the other day one showed up that had me waking up totally stressed out!  The short version is that I was being chased and trying my best to run away and hide and call for help all at the same time.  So now I'm wondering what it is that is chasing me and what is it that I am running from?  Maybe the fear of committing myself fully to a creative life?  Maybe I'm just trying to fit exercise into my sleep on those days where I don't fit it into my waking hours?  Next time the dream/nightmare shows up...and I anticipate it will...I need to stop running and turn around in my nightmare and ask the person why they are chasing me - maybe then I will have my answer.  I will keep you posted!  Hopefully I'll get some good hours of sleep in the meantime!  I wish for restful sleep for you as well :)
Today's card is another simple card that you can make in a matter of minutes.  I stamped the hummingbird from Elements Of Style using Marina Mist and then cut it out (that's the most time-intensive part of this card).  Then I took a strip of First Edition Specialty designer series paper and adhered it to the Whisper White card base using glue.  The "thank you" is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and was stamped in black with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig.  The bird was then popped up on the card using dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

No comments: