Thursday, August 25, 2011

Four Ways Friday #59 - Dot, Dot, Dot

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp!  I combined the stamp with a few other stamp sets to give you some ideas for how versatile the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp is!
The Dot, Dot, Dot stamp serves as a great background stamp for your cards!  Here I stamped the dots using River Rock ink.  I stamped the greeting from Vintage Vogue in Chocolate Chip ink with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig.  I then used a rock & roll technique to stamp the flowers from Vintage Vogue onto scraps of Whisper White card stock.  I cut the flowers out and then adhered them to the card front using either glue or dimensionals.  Adding the buttons to the flower centers with glue dots was the final touch!
Don't forget that you don't have to stamp the entire dotted image!  Here I used sticky notes as masks to mask off a rectangular area in the middle of the card and then stamped over the masked area with the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp and Tempting Turquoise ink.  I stamped the greeting from Short & Sweet with Basic Black ink and then added the cut out dog from Friends Fur-ever (one of my favorite stamp sets!).  The Melon Mambo punched heart was the final addition - adhered with glue.
I created this tag using the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp in a couple of ways...can you see them?  Here I die cut the tag from Very Vanilla card stock using the Two Tags die.  I then stamped the front flap of the tag with the dot stamp and Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped the back of the tag with Crumb Cake ink at 1/2 strength.  The greeting is a combination of stamps from Define Your Life and Upsy Daisy.  I used the modern label punch to punch out the word "birthday" and sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.  Crystal Effects was used to adhere the champagne glass glitter to the greeting.  Can you see where else I used the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp?  I took a piece of Very Vanilla seam binding and stamped the seam binding (front and back) with the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp and Crumb Cake ink!  I love dressing up ribbon/seam binding this way!  I tied the ribbon with a small piece of linen thread.  The cut out bird from Friends 24-7 peeks out from the inside of the tag :)
Don't be afraid to stamp the same image over and over on top of itself!  Here I kept stamping the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp, using different ink colors, onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I then punched out the card stock using the ornament punch.  It's hard to see, but I added a whole bunch of dazzling diamonds with 2-way glue to make the ornament sparkle!  I sponged the edges of the ornament with Tempting Turquoise and then tied a small piece of gold elastic to the top of the ornament.  A piece of grosgrain ribbon acts as the ornament hanger and was glued to the Very Vanilla panel before adding the ornament with dimensionals.  I sponged the edges with Old Olive ink and then adhered the panel to a Real Red panel.  The large eyelet was added using the crop-a-dile.  I finished off the tag with red satin ribbon.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope you have a very creative and peaceful weekend and for those of you who live in the United States and are in the path of Hurricane Irene, I wish you a very safe weekend as well!

No comments: