Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Framed Tulips Mini Journal

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Read The Above Quote :)
When I had dinner with a friend a couple of week's ago, she shared with me that she was going through a challenging time in her life.  She also shared with me that the above quote from Anais Nin really spoke to her.  I will be seeing this special friend again this week and I decided she needed a special handmade gift :)  I looked up the quote on line (just to make sure I got it right).  This quote really spoke to me too.  I have definitely been through times in my life where the risk of remaining tight in the bud became much more painful than actually taking the risk to bloom - it's at these moments where we really show our strength and courage and faith.  Are you holding yourself back?  How painful is it?  Are you ready to bloom?
This mini journal began with a piece of 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" Bashful Blue card stock that I folded in half and sponged with Early Espresso ink.  I then stamped it with the delicate floral image from Tiny Tags.  I sewed on a piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon to act as a closure.  Next I took a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Framed Tulips embossing folder.  I than sponged it with Early Espresso ink and sewed it to the journal front with my sewing machine and gold metallic thread.  Next I used a combination of alphabet and word stamp sets to stamp the entire quote using Early Espresso ink.  Each piece was sponged and then adhered to the card using either glue or dimensionals.  I then made the inside pages from recycled paper and stamped the inside using a retired stamp set called Bella's Bloom.  Here are a few photos of the inside cover and the inside pages.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: