Monday, September 12, 2011

Nature Walk Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Face The Big Hills!
Yesterday I went for a bike ride and I faced the biggest hill yet on my exploration into the sport of road biking.  It's funny - I had ridden down the hill at the beginning of the ride and it felt so simple :)  I had forgotten about it when, about an hour and ten minutes later, there it was, staring me down.  I decided I had to face it and up I went.  Push by push; pedal by pedal - trying to keep some kind of rhythm.  I have to admit that I had a tinge of disappointed when I realized I was in my easiest gear possible and still had hill to climb.  But I decided then and there that I wasn't going to give up - I was going to face that big hill - just keep going my own pace - riding my own ride - up, up, up...I stayed seated the whole time - not wanting to expend the extra energy it would take to stomp on those pedals standing up.  I sat and...I made it!!!!!  What an amazing feeling - to face the big hill and make it up and over!  The next hill I came to actually felt like a downhill!  I had slayed the dragon and everything else was less frightening :)  I hope I can approach my life with this same determination - face the big hills and recognize that once I get over them, everything else will feel like a breeze :)
Today's card was inspired by bits and pieces on the craft table.  I spent time this weekend working on submissions for a magazine (I am keeping my hopes up!) and as I was putting things away, off of the craft table, I decided to put these items together to make a card.  The Very Vanilla card base is 5: x 5: square.  I added a strip of Marina Mist card stock and a piece of Victoria Lace ribbon, tied with a piece of hemp twine.  The bee from Nature Walk was stamped with Basic Black ink and cut out and then colored in using stampin' pastels.  I attached it to the card with dimensionals.  Finally I stamped the greeting from Sincere Salutations using Basic Black ink.  I hope you like it!  Now go face that big hill!

No comments: