Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crimped Background Thanksgiving Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Keep Going!
I've really been enjoying the P90X program!  Well, maybe "enjoying" is a strong word - it is a really tough workout!  Every time I finish a workout though, I feel really good about what I've just accomplished - it's a great feeling.  As you likely know by now, I travel a bit for work and it can be tricky to keep going with a regular workout or eating schedule.  But I'm doing it!  I have brought the dvd's with me on the road and since so little equipment is needed for the workouts, it's working for me so far.  It makes me realize, yet again, that when you are really committed to something you can keep going, even in the face of potential obstacles or roadblocks.  This lesson is true with our creativity as well - if you are really committed to expressing the creativity that lives inside of you, you will find the time to make it happen!  Just keep going!!!!!
Today's card began with my crimper and a piece of Soft Suede card stock.  I crimped the paper and then used the direct to paper technique to apply Whisper White craft ink.  I used the heat tool to speed up the drying process.  I then wrapped a piece of Victoria crochet trim around the piece and knotted it.  The panel was then attached to a Soft Suede card base with dimensionals.  I took a small cello bag (I think that's what they are called - it's the bakery type bag that you would put a cookie in - it's make of a wax paper) and ran it through the Big Shot with the Petals A Plenty embossing folder.  I then tore a piece of the bag and adhered it to the crimped layer using glue.  Next I stamped the leaf image from Lovely As A Tree with Early Espresso ink and colored it in with Stampin' Pastels.  I then cut it out and adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  The final piece was to add the greeting that was stamped from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched out with the Modern Label punch.  I sponged the edges of the greeting, added a few adhesive pearls, and then adhered it to the card using dimensionals.  I hope you like it!Victoria crochet trim.

No comments: