Friday, January 06, 2012

Four Ways Friday #74 - Elizabeth

In this week's Four Ways Friday I show you four ways to use the gorgeous Elizabeth stamp!
The Elizabeth stamp looks wonderful on its own or with a little embellishment.  Don't forget you can use only part of a stamp image by stamping off the edge of your surface.  Here I stamped the stamp off-center onto a 3x3 Whisper White card base using Soft Suede ink.  I used 2-way glue to add a bit of dazzling diamonds.  Next I stamped the greeting from Element of Style onto Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with a 1" circle punch.  I then used my hot glue gun to create a ruffle of gold waffle paper behind the punch and adhered the piece to the card using dimensionals.  A single adhesive rhinestone finishes the look!
This image lends itself well to being heat embossed!  I began by stamping the image onto a scrap of white chipboard (the backing that comes with Stampin' Up! designer series paper) using Versamark ink.  I covered it with gold embossing powder, heat embossed, and then cut out the image using scissors.  Next I stamped the greeting from Short & Sweet into the center using Elegant Eggplant ink.  The tag was stenciled, sprayed, stamped and sponged - notice the little flourishes along the edge?  I just stamped a small portion of the Elizabeth tag along the edge of the tag using Elegant Eggplant ink.  Here is a close up:
I created a few folded paper roses that I embellished with dazzling diamonds.  The small flowers were punched using the Itty Bitty Shapes punch.  I then painted them with Champagne Mist shimmer paint and added the adhesive pearls before adhering them to the tag with glue.  The cheesecloth was cut in strips and sprayed with ink (Tempting Turquoise and Perfect Plum) and added to the tag.
You can totally change the look of a stamp just by changing its orientation!  Here, with the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the image using Soft Suede ink onto Whisper White card stock - but I did so vertically.  I then stamped the image onto scrap paper and cut it out to create a mask.  I covered the first image with the mask and stamped the second image onto the card stock.  I repeated this process until I had all four images stamped.  Next I used the stamp-a-ma-jig and the Lovely Letters Alphabet to stamp the letters into the ovals.  The final touch was adding some dazzling diamonds and some adhesive pearls.  The piece was mounted onto a Crumb Cake card stock base.
Not only can you play with the orientation of your stamped image, you can also play with the length...you just have to be creative with how you cover the gap :)  Here I began with a Confetti card stock base.  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig and inked up half of the Elizabeth stamp with Always Artichoke ink.  I stamped the half image once and then rotated the card before stamping the half image again.  I made sure to leave a gap in between the stamped images so I could lengthen the image.  I covered the gap with a tag I had die cut using Always Artichoke card stock and the Lots Of Tags sizzlits with the Big Shot.  I then stamped the greeting from Elements of Style and punched it out with the 1" circle punch.  I added a small piece of satin ribbon to the tag before adhering the greeting over it with dimensionals.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!!!!  Wishing you a wonderful, relaxing and creative weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

These ideas are brilliant - especially turning it on the side. Loving them all!