Thursday, January 05, 2012

Ink Drip Glossy 4U Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Your Inspiration Is Waiting For You; You Just Have To See It!
I would guess that many of you come to my blog looking for inspiration for your cardmaking and papercrafting - at least that's what some of you have told me :)  Of course, I don't always post cards since I like to dabble in mixed media and chase my muse wherever she takes me :)  So how can I give you what you need, while at the same time entertaining my muse?  Who ever said that card inspiration had to come from a card?  Wasn't me :)  I actually wonder how many times a day I miss my inspiration because I don't see it - because I am moving so quickly or don't believe I am going to find it in that particular place?  So today I challenged myself.  I looked at my post from yesterday - the champagne flutes - and asked myself what inspiration there might be for a card...And yes, there it was - my card inspiration waiting for me - I just had to see it :)  I hope that no matter what you come here searching for you are able to find it.  If you don't see it at first glance, hang out a little longer.  It's here...you just have to see it :)
This card began with some ink and a piece of glossy card stock.  I took various colors of ink (Pink Pirouette, Tangerine Tango, Rose Red, and Daffodil Delight) and, holding the card stock upright, I dripped ink on the top edge and let it flow down the card stock.  The tough part with this card was giving the ink sufficient time to dry.  You end up with a bit of a pool of ink at the bottom and even if you move the card stock to another scrap piece of paper and add a bit of drying with your heat tool, it still takes time (I know - I tried to quicken the process :)  Once the panel was dry I glued it to a Daffodil Delight panel and then tied the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon around the panel.  I then adhered the entire panel to a Whisper White card base (the finished card size is 6 1/2" x 3 1/4").  I stamped the greeting from Tiny Tags using Cherry Cobbler ink and punched it out using a 1/2" circle punch.  I then adhered it to a 3/4" punched circle of Daffodil Delight.  I paper pierced the circle and added it to the card using crochet thread and a dimensional.  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever card...and a great lesson about keeping a keen eye out for inspiration. :-) Doris

Lorraine said...

I am loving your mixed media projects. You challenge your readers to look into and around themselves and not be pigeon-holed. A bird can't fly if they're stuck in a box!