Friday, January 20, 2012

Four Ways Friday #76 - Furry Folk

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play with the adorable Furry Folk stamp set!
Let's begin with a clean and simple card!  I love that you can create little scenes with this stamp set!  Here I stamped the trees onto the Whisper White card stock using Always Artichoke ink.  Prior to stamping, I colored the trunks of the trees on the rubber stamp with my Chocolate Chip marker.  I stamped the bear in Early Espresso, with a Basic Black nose, onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and cut him out.  Next I stamped the greeting from Petite Pairs onto the card with Jet Black Staz-On and then popped the bear up on a couple of dimensionals.
A number of the stamps in this set are the perfect size for making adorable little tile magnets!  Here is a video to show you how to make some magnets of your own!

Why stop at a small tile when you can make a bigger one!
I thought these adorable little guys would look great on a welcome sign!  To create the sign I began by stamping the letters from the Contempo Alphabet (retired) using Jet Black Staz-On onto a white tile.  Next I stamped each of the critters, also using Staz-On.  The last stamped image was the Woodgrain background stamp for the bottom of the tile, also stamped with Staz-On.  I then began adding small drops of ink to a little bit of Crystal Effects and painted each of the critters and the woodgrain.  Once all of the Crystal Effects was dry, I sprayed the entire tile with an acrylic sealer, just to ensure the Staz-On would not come off.  Finally, I drilled two holes into the tile and added the wire, beads and the touch of ribbon!
I decided to try heat embossing on glass with the adorable owl in this stamp set.  This was my first attempt at heat embossing on glass and I got better the more I practiced!  You can see some of the stray grains of embossing powder that got heated to the glass - if you use enough powder from your embossing buddy, you can prevent these stray grains from sticking to the glass!  I sandwiched a piece of Flirtatious designer series paper in between two pieces of glass.  I collaged a few words from a book to the designer paper before sandwiching it between the glass and soldering the pieces together.  This is what the back of the necklace looks like:
Here is a video to show you how to heat emboss on the glass!

I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope it inspires you to play with your Furry Folks stamp set or to try stamping on tiles with VersaMark or heat embossing on glass!  I hope you have a wonderfully peaceful and creative weekend!!!

No comments: