Friday, January 27, 2012

Four Ways Friday #77 - Designer Frames Embossing Folders

This week's Four Ways Friday is all about how you can use the Designer Frames textured impressions embossing folders.
The Designer Frames embossing folders are great for creating focal points for your cards.  Here I stamped the greeting from Tagtastic onto Confetti card stock with Cherry Cobbler ink.  I then ran the piece through the Big Shot with the embossing folder.  Next, I cut around the embossed image.  Notice that you can use the embossing folders to emboss or deboss, depending on which side you choose to have facing up when you run it through the Big Shot.  The mini card is a Pear Pizzazz base with a piece of designer series paper layered on top.  The embossed piece was adhered with dimensionals.  A tiny pin and some Early Espresso baker's twine finishes the look.
If you're not in the mood to cut, you can tear!  Here I stamped the owl from Fox & Friends in Chocolate Chip on a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I then ran the piece through the Big Shot with the embossing folder - notice how this time the central image is debossed v. embossed.  I then tore the edges and adhered the piece with glue to a 3x3 Whisper White card base.  The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes was hand cut into a banner, a brad was added and then it was adhered to the card with dimensionals.
I also love using these embossing folders to create a frame for another focal piece.  Here I ran the embossing folder through the Big Shot with a 3x3 Perfect Plum card base.  I then stamped the tag from Tagtastic onto Sahara Sand card stock with Chocolate Chip ink.  I punched it out with the decorative label punch.  I then added a neutrals brad with a rhinestone adhered to the center.  The entire focal piece was added to the card with dimensionals.
For this final card I decided to use the embossing folder multiple times.  First I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock and ran the folder through the Big Shot two different times with just part of the embossing folder sandwiching the edge of the piece of card stock.  I then sponged the piece with Soft Suede ink and spritzed it with my Soft Suede marker and the color spritzer tool  Next I ran a scrap piece of Crumb Cake card stock through the Big Shot with the embossing folder and then cut out the frame.  I sponged the edges and spritzed it as well.  I then adhered the larger Crumb Cake panel to a Baja Breeze card base.  The smaller Crumb Cake panel was then added with dimensionals to the center of the card.  I then adhered a piece of pleated Baja Breeze ribbon using Sticky Strip.  I stamped the frame from Four Frames with Crumb Cake ink and punched it out with the decorative label punch and added it to the card with dimensionals.  Next came the stamped and cut out greeting from Notably Ornate.  I stamped the Young Vermillion stamp in Early Espresso and cut him out as well before popping it up on the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I created a bow with Crumb Cake seam binding and added it to the card with a few mini glue dots.
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I wish you a peaceful, love & laughter-filled, and creative weekend!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Michelle, I always enjoy your Four Ways Fridays. You find such great ways to use these highlighted products. Have a great weekend!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle! I love those frames. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Stamp It! 3 Ways Blog Hop!