Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Out On A Whim Wednesday: Lesson From The Bathroom

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room...or Bathroom to be more exact:  Walls Can Be Built And Taken Down
OK, I'm going far out on a whim today - something I can do on Out-On-A-Whim Wednesdays :)  There are some walls I have constructed in my life - walls built to protect me; walls built to create boundaries; walls built to provide me with solitude.  Our walls can serve us well and some of mine have.  Our walls may also be built for reasons that may separate us or alienate us from others and we may find that they serve their time and purpose and need to come down, for if we don't allow them to come down, we may not allow fresh air and love in.
What you are seeing in this photo is a wall in our bathroom.  We decided this wall had served its purpose and we wanted to open it up and allow access into the bedroom and closet on the other side.  It took less than a day (and in case you're wondering, we did not do the work ourselves - sometimes you need the help of others to take down your walls :) ...

It was always curious to me that this glass block window lived in a closet and how, when the wall came down, it allowed the light to flood into the room :)  So now this bathroom is much like a blank piece of card stock to me!  What do I mean by that?  Well, there are now infinite possibilities as to what we can do with the space!!!!!  It's amazing how when you take down one wall, you open up a world of possibilities.  I have a feeling this bathroom has a lot more to teach me...it will be interesting to see where we end up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a renovation to make your world feel fresh and new. Enjoy your rejuvenated environment! Doris