Monday, April 30, 2012

First Edition Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Watch A Video Of Someone Enjoying Their Creative Process
I spent part of the weekend watching a video by encaustic artist Daniella Woolf.  Wow!  I was totally inspired!!!!!  I can't wait to start playing with melted wax again - I just need for the weather to be a bit warmer so that I can keep the window open in the craft room to allow for proper ventilation.  Watching her enjoy her own creative process was amazing!  She just went with the flow - going wherever the projects were taking her.  One of the pieces she created was the inspiration for this card.  She used strips of journal pages which I interpreted with strips of First Edition designer series paper.  I die cut a few circles of red mesh with the Circles #2 die and the Big Shot.  I used gel medium to adhere the paper strips and the fabric.  The greeting is from Fabulous Phrases.  If you have seen a video by another artist that has inspired you, please let me know.  The two hours I shared watching Daniella were a pure pleasure!  You can click here to learn more about her and to see some of her work.  If you have the slightest interest in encaustic, I totally recommend her video - Encaustic With A Textile Sensibility!
Just a reminder - today is the last day to order from the Occasions Mini Catalog and also the last day to order from the special Summer Smooches promotion!  Click HERE if there are some items you can't live without :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love your interpretation. I can see that you are inspired by this artist and can hear it in your words. You have such an enthusiasm for trying something new and making it your own.