Friday, May 18, 2012

Four Ways Friday #89 - Every Little Bit

For this week's Four Ways Friday I decided to play with the Every Little Bit stamp set!  This stamp set is adorable and there are a ton of images!  It was hard to choose where to begin :)
Trying to make "masculine" cards always seems to be a challenge to me.  This stamp set provided just the solution with this adorable hammer and nails image :)  I started with a Very Vanilla card base and added some cork letters that I had die cut using the Billboard Alphabet sizzlit die.  Next I stamped the word "birthday" from one of the stamps in the Upsy Daisy stamp set.  The hammer was stamped using Staz-On and then I used my silver Smooch accent ink to color in the hammer head.  A Cajun Craze marker was used for the handle and then I coated the handle with Crystal Effects.  The final touch was to add some score lines using my Simply Scored tool.
Why stamp an image once when you can stamp it 2, 3, 4...even 6 times! :)  The penguin and the present are both from Every Little Bit.  With the help of my stamp-a-ma-jig, I was able to line things up and stamp these images one on top of the other.  I used my Basic Black marker to color in the box part of the image and did not color in the bow for the first 5 boxes.  I used markers to color in the images and then added dazzling details on the dots on the boxes (it's hard to see in the photo).  Finally, I added the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes.
These images are also a lot of fun to stamp and cut out!  I stamped both the cat and dog onto colored card stock using Staz-On and then cut them out.  The card base is Whisper White and I added a piece of Wild Wasabi that I cut in a curve to mimic ground.  The animals were added with dimensionals.  The greeting is from Petite Pairs.  A little piece of linen thread finishes this quick and easy card!  The finished card size is 3 1/2" x 3 1/2".
When all else fails, you can also create a HOT MESS with this stamp set!!!!! :)  I started out with a similar base as I had made for the dog and cat card.  Then I decided I needed to combine some of the Every Little Bit images with the Make A Monster stamp set (I'm not sure what possessed me :)  So, I stamped the monster and her eyes and mouth with Staz-On.  Then I took the crown from Every Little Bit and stamped it with Staz-On.  Even though I used my stamp-a-ma-jig for the crown, I was still a little "off," so to cover my gap I decided to draw in some hair with a permanent marker.  Yes, I could have just started over, but I decided you needed to see what happens when I just keep going...scary, isn't it?!?! :)  I stamped the purse next (did a lot better with the stamp-a-ma-jig this time).  Next I did coloring - with markers and with my gold and silver Smooch accent ink.  I even added dazzling details to the body of the monster and to the hearts on the crown and purse.  Finally, I stamped the word "fabulous" from Fabulous Phrases.  This monster is ready to shop! :)
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday.  This stamp set is a great set for creating simple cards.  Kids love this set too since they can color in all of the line images!  Adults who act like kids also love this set 'cuz they get to color too :)  I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with laughter, creativity and love!!!!!

2 comments:

quirks59m said...

Love this stamp set, and your HOT MESS cracked me up. Now I know I must get the Monster stamp set! Thanks for sharing.

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, you're enabling me again! I don't think I have this set yet and now I want it for sure. Your ad libbed hair is such fun!