Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wish Big Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes The Humor Is Right In Front Of You :)
I was playing around with the Bring On The Cake stamp set and just as I was about to put away the hand with the "wish big" sentiment, the pun struck me!  wish BIG!!!!  I have had this set for quite some time and find it funny that humor can be right in front of you and you can miss it...until that one day when your mind is finally awake to the humor and voila!, it inspires you!  I immediately knew I had to make a card with a BIG wish :)
To make the card I began by die cutting some Naturals Ivory card stock with the Serif Essentials dies in the Big Shot.  I adhered the letters to the front of an oversized rectangular card made from Naturals Ivory card stock.  Next I stamped the hand - using my new Basic Black stamp pad.  The Stampin' Up! classic ink pads have been redesigned.  They are now foam and take a much lighter touch to ink up your stamps.  I almost found the pad too juicy!  I'll have to play with it a bit to get the hang of it!  I cut the hand out and added it to the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I stamped the happy birthday from Teeny Tiny Wishes and cut it out to look like a banner.  It was tucked under the "I" and then the banner end was popped up on a dimensional.  I hope you like it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your sense of humour. This is clever!! --Doris

Lorraine said...

I do like this - very much. We used the new pads the other night and found that they take a longer time to dry now once stamped. But, the big plus was the even coverage. Teeny Tiny Wishes is a must have set, don't you think!