Thursday, July 26, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Handbill Headlines Bookmark Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Go Solo
Go for a ride.  Take a class.  Attend a conference.  Take in a movie.  Try a new restaurant.  Show up at an event.  Sometimes I find myself thinking that I don't want to do something or go somewhere unless someone else can go with me.  When I get up the courage and decide not to wait until someone can join me, I am always happy with the results!  I know "always" sounds extreme.  Yet I haven't found a time when I haven't fully enjoyed the experience.  Whether it is walking around an art museum on my own.  Taking an encaustic class.  Venturing out on a bike ride.  There is something very empowering and exciting about going solo.
For today's Throwback Thursday card I decided to mix the old with the new :)  I began with the Reason To Smile stamp set and stamped the floral image over and over onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I cut a strip and sewed the ends to a piece of Pacific Point card stock, making a band.  I used the Two Tags die on the Big Shot with some Gumball Green card stock to make the bookmark.  I stamped the bookmark with the same floral image at 1/2 strength and the sentiments from Handbill Headlines (with Gumball Green ink).  Next came the butterfly from Kindness Matters and a bit of Dazzling Diamonds.  This would be a fun card to give some one with a journal before they go off on a trip or a new adventure in life!  I love that they can take the bookmark with them!  I hope you like it!

No comments: