Friday, August 31, 2012

Four Ways Friday #100 - Perfect Pennants Die

I can't believe this is the 100th Four Ways Friday!!!!!  I have been pondering what I want to do moving forward.  I'm thinking about doing Two Ways Tuesdays and then introducing Friday Folds.  Friday would be a day where I share different ways to add folds to your cards and paper craft creations.  I would also go back to sharing a current project on Thursdays.  What do you think???  I am really looking to you to help guide my decision, so please feel free to share your input!  Thank you to those who already have ;)
For the 100th Four Ways Friday I decided to play with the Perfect Pennants Die in the Big Shot.  Here's what I came up with:
The Perfect Pennants die is perfect for making all kinds of cards!  I die cut the large pennant shape and one of the circles from designer series paper.  I then added a few circle punches and layered them all together on top of a piece of Pacific Point card stock that I had embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs.
I love triangles because they lend themselves to being turned into so many different things!  Here I die cut a few of the smaller pennants in Wild Wasabi card stock.  I then used the Fancy Fan embossing folder to emboss them.  I cut a few Chocolate Chip card stock rectangles and embossed them with stripes.  The trees were sponged with ink and I added dazzling diamonds to the embossing on the trees.  The snowman is from No Peeking (so cute!).  The greeting is from Wacky Wishes.  Get creative with those triangles!!!!!
Don't forget that you can die cut fabric with this great die!  Here I die cut a triangle of Flirtatious fabric and sewed it to the card front.  I then gathered some twigs from the backyard and used them as stems for tissue paper flowers that I made by layering tissue paper that I punched with the Boho Blossoms punch.  Adhesive pearls were used for the flower centers.  The greeting is from Itty Bitty Banners.
Once I started die cutting fabric I couldn't stop! :)  I die cut two triangles of the Flirtatious fabric and then sewed the triangles with right sides together.  I then turned the "cone" inside out and began decorating it.  I used hot glue to add the seam binding ribbon, the satin flower that I made from white satin ribbon and a button, and the First Edition specialty designer series paper trim.  This little "cone" would be great for a gift card or simple gift (handmade jewelry comes to mind!).
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday and I hope it inspires you to get out your Perfect Pennants die and play!!!!!  I hope you have a wonderful and creative weekend, filled with love, laughter and peace :)

No comments: