Thursday, September 20, 2012

Established Elegance Wedding Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: I've Been Known To Cry At Museums
Art museums impact me in so many different ways.  When I was at the Milwaukee art museum a few weeks ago, I found myself near tears multiple times.  The tears would threaten to escape the confines of my eye lids when I saw folk art and art by self-taught artists.  I was overwhelmed by seeing that people will create with whatever they can in an effort to satisfy the need to create.  I was also near tears when I would read of an artist dying at the age of 31 - so young, with so much art yet to create.  Part of my tears are also about me.  I wonder what lengths I am willing to go to to create art.  I wonder if I will die with my art inside of me, or if I will commit each and every day to doing what I can to bring my art into the world.  Yes, I've been known to cry at museums.
Today's card began with a Bashful Blue card base and the dress form stamp from Established Elegance.  I then cut up thin strips of Victoria crochet trim and some organza fabric and adhered them to the dress form using Crystal Effects.  Once the Crystal Effects dried I added the adhesive rhinestones and the pearls.  The sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners was stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock, cut out and adhered to the card with dimensionals.  Finally, I used Versamark ink and stamped the floral image from Established Elegance around the perimeter of the card.  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

It's beautiful. What a seamstress you are!