Friday, December 28, 2012

Bordering on Romance Blender Pen & Crayons Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's Nice To Know You Can Steer In The Midst Of Overwhelm :)
I was contemplated the word "overwhelm" today.  Okay, I was doing more than contemplating it...I was feeling it!  As the year begins to wind down, I look around and still see my piles and stacks and unfinished projects...and projects yet to be started.  And well, yes, I can easily feel overwhelmed.  But as I contemplated the word, I realized that it contains hope!  After all, the word "overwhelm" ends with the word "helm!"  As a noun, helm means the equipment for steering a boat.  As a verb it means "to steer."  I can helm my life!!!!  I am at the helm no matter what is staring at me or coming at me!  It is up to me to steer in the direction I want to head.  In the midst of feeling overwhelmed I can choose where I want my life to head - in which direction I choose to steer.  I'm heading toward more peaceful waters :)
Today's card was an exploration with Watercolor Wonder crayons :)  I stamped the image from Bordering on Romance using Staz-On on Whisper White card stock.  I then colored with the Brights collection of Watercolor Wonders crayons and blended using my blender pen.  I would allow one layer of color to dry before adding more.  Once the whole piece was dry, I added a dash of dazzling diamonds glitter with a 2-way glue pen.  The sentiment is from Apothecary Art - stamped in Old Olive and then punched out with the large oval punch.  I then layered it onto the modern label punch piece and a decorative label punched piece.  The Old Olive background was put through the Big Shot with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder and then all the pieces were adhered to a Rich Razzleberry card base.  I hope you like it and I hope you have a peaceful and creative weekend!!!!!  Remember, you are at the helm!!!!!

No comments: