Thursday, January 10, 2013

Just Believe Watercolor Wonder Crayon Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  How quickly your thinking changes helps determine how quickly your mortal circumstances change. - Marianne Williamson
Ahhh the wonderful mind and ego.  It is amazing how much of our life is determined by our thoughts.  This is a lesson that I continue to encounter - day in and day out - in my life.  I don't know if I would call it a New Year's resolution or more of a resolution about my life - not tied to any date on the calendar.  The commitment to myself to be aware of how my thinking impacts how I experience my life and my commitment to ask the Universe for help when I need it.  Help so that when my thinking about a situation is creating a negative experience in my life that I have the ability to quickly change how I am thinking about the situation to more positively impact my life.  I keep encountering situations to put this into practice and for that, believe it or not, I am grateful.  I have seen firsthand how when I change my thinking, miracles can happen - empathy and understanding can happen - a lightness in my soul and my step can happen.  Yes, I pray that my thinking be changed so that I can be the best that I can be.  I wish the same for you :)
Today's card was made with a technique I enjoy a lot.  I used the floral image from Just Believe and colored directly on the stamp with Watercolor Wonder crayons.  I then spritzed the stamp with water I keep in a small spray bottle.  I then stamped the image onto watercolor paper and lifted the image to see what happened :)  The piece was left to dry and then adhered to card stock.  The sentiment from Petite Pairs was stamped with Rich Razzleberry and punched out with a circle punch.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: