Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Out On A Whim Wednesday: Inspiration Journal Entry #2

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Drying Time Gives You A Different Perspective
As I have launched my inspiration journal journey, I find that I begin a page without knowing what it will become.  I sometimes start with an idea.  Other times I just start with a color.  But since I am working with paint and plaster and other materials that I don't usually use in card making, I am also finding that I need to allow for drying time (unless I want to create a page of mud...now there's an idea for another day!).  When I go to step away to allow for the drying I often feel stuck or unsure as to what my next step will be.  But then, when I come back - once the drying is done - I often have a new perspective - an idea - for what to do next.  The drying time gives me a different perspective and an ability to move forward.  Now the question is how can I incorporate "drying time" into other aspects of my life?  The time to step away for a bit and come back with new eyes...
Today's post is my second inspiration journal entry (I created the page at the end of December).  I'm hoping to do about a page a week - unless inspiration strikes sooner or later :)  I don't think I will describe the process of creating the page (since I would need to capture the process in a video if I wanted to have a chance of remembering all of the different steps! - Maybe one day I'll make this into a video series).  For now I am just going to let my creativity run wild in these pages and share the results with you :)  Enjoy :)

No comments: