Friday, January 18, 2013

Pleasant Posies Watercolored Get Well Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Each piece you complete is an act of faith in the process and value of creativity... -Bonni Goldberg
Instead of judging whether I am pleased with the outcomes of my creative process, I would like to take Bonni Goldberg's approach.  To see each piece I complete (and even those that are in process) as an act of faith.  What a wonderful way to reflect on each and every day that you create something - to be able to say at night, before you go to sleep, "Today I engaged in an act of faith."  Yes, this is my new creative mantra!
Today's card was a fun way to play with my Aqua Painter and Watercolor Wonder Crayons!  I stamped the Pleasant Posies image onto watercolor paper with Jet Black Staz-On ink.  I then used colors from the Brights Collection of crayons and my aqua painter to paint the flowers.  I allowed each color to dry prior to applying the next so that my colors would turn to mud :)  I even added a dash of dazzling diamonds to the flower centers for some sparkle.  The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I hope you have an incredibly weekend and I hope you engage in many acts of faith :)

No comments: