Monday, March 25, 2013

Papaya Collage Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes I Feel Like My Life Is Missing A Speed
As I am continuing to wind down and settle back into life at home, I am beginning to wonder if my life is missing a speed.  I have "fast forward" down pretty well (and I'm not entirely proud of that, mind you).  I also seem to be able to go in slow motion.  Stop is working well too.  It's the "play" button that I seem to be having a bit of an issue with.  Just allowing my life to unfold at its own pace.  Maybe sometimes my "play" is slow motion...but that can get me a bit frustrated at times - Looking around at all that I have to do and not having the energy to do it.  Hmmm - might be the result of too much fast forward...I'm still trying to figure it out.  Hopefully this time at home will provide some lessons (and some answers) for me!  What speed do you tend to operate at?
It's beginning to feel like Spring here in Denver and the birds are out in multitudes!  That's what inspired this card :)  I stamped the bird from Papaya Collage using Soft Suede ink on Whisper White card stock and cut it out with paper snips.  I then ran a piece of Crumb Cake card stock through the Big Shot with the Vine Street embossing folder.  The panel was adhered to a Naturals Ivory card base.  The bird was popped up on a double layer of dimensionals.  Next I stamped the greeting from Made For You using Chocolate Chip ink and punched it out using a 1 1/4" circle punch.  I punched a 1 1/2" circle from Chocolate Chip card stock and layered the two circles together.  A neutrals button, some natural ribbon and a bit of linen thread finish the look :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: