Friday, March 15, 2013

Papillion Potpourri

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Listen and Respond
Today I reached a point of exhaustion.  It was mid-afternoon (I am typing this on Thursday evening) and it was a gorgeous day outside.  So I decided to listen to what my body was telling me and respond.  I went outside and decided to lay down on the wooden bench in the backyard and close my eyes.  I wasn't out there very long - just long enough to get a little cat nap and listen to the birds chirp and the squirrels scamper on the wooden fence.  It was a perfect way to listen to my body and give it some much-needed rest.

Today's card was inspired by the wonderful butterfly framed art that Helen sent me earlier this week!  I decided to stamp the butterflies from the Papillion Potpourri stamp set in Island Indigo and Calypso Coral on a Very Vanilla card base.  I then stamped one of the butterflies onto Calypso Coral card stock, punched it out and popped it up on half a dimensional.  I decided this card needed to greeting - I can always add one later, or just use it as a note to say "hello."  I hope you like it and I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing and creative weekend.  Listen and respond to what your body tells you :)

No comments: