Monday, March 11, 2013

Madison Avenue and Petite Pairs Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's Nice To Know When The Universe Is Cooperating With You!
I finally spent a little time, in between work trips, in the craft room this weekend.  It was so nice to just sit and create a bit...even if the cat decided he wanted to try to sit on everything I was creating! :) Of course, just when I started relaxing, I went to use my new phone and a message popped up that said "No SIM Card."  Ugh!  This is not what you want to see on a day where a foot of snow was predicted and you are leaving soon for another work trip!  Well, the Universe decided to cooperate with me and, while I had to leave the house to go to the store to get a new SIM card, the foot of snow didn't materialize as originally planned.  Yes, a lot of snow fell, but since the roads were warm and the snow was wet, my path to the store was safe :)  It's nice to know when the Universe is cooperating with you!
Today's card is a simple way to put the Madison Avenue Sale-a-Bration set to some good use!  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped the patterned design in Early Espresso across the bottom of a Sahara Sand card base to create 2 separate rows.  I then stamped the smaller floral image in the centers with Bravo Burgundy and used a bit of silver Dazzling Details to give the centers some sparkle!  The sentiments from Petite Pairs was stamped using Early Espresso ink.  So simple!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So simple and very cute! Love that you're using Bravo Burgundy...a totally under-loved colour. Safe travels this week! Doris