Saturday, March 09, 2013

Patterned Occasions Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: You can learn a lot by switching roles!
In both my work life and my art life I find that I often take on a teaching role. I learn a lot when I am teaching both from students and from figuring out how to present what I am teaching. Recently I have also had a fun time learning by switching my role from that of the teacher to that of the student! Whether participating in an art class or observing somebody else doing the work that I do, I gaining powerful insights and inspiration by being a student! Sometimes you really can learn a lot by switching roles!

For today's card I played with the patterned occasions stamp set. I love this adorable cupcake image! I decided to color the image with a number of different markers and stamped the image with the help of the stamp-a-ma-jig. I then stamped and cut out the image on a separate piece of whisper white card stock. I popped up the cut out pieces using dimensionals. Of course I had to add a touch of dazzling diamonds to my cupcake for a bit of bling! I hope you like it!

No comments: