Monday, April 15, 2013

Fabulous Phrases Little Bird Thumbprint Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: It's Time To Regain Focus
I held out for a long time, but on December 31st of this past year, I decided to purchase a smart phone.  I held out for as long as I did because I was afraid that if I purchased one that I would become like all of the people I see around me - especially when I travel.  Head down, fingers moving, never focusing on where they are or what or who is around them.  And I must confess that my fear was properly placed.  Since I have purchased the phone I find myself checking email much more frequently.  I check the internet over and over during the day.  Worse yet, I feel like my ability to just focus on one thing and give that thing my undivided attention, has diminished.  When I read in the news the other day about the helicopter crash that was blamed on the pilot being distracted due to texting, the Universe was definitely trying to reach out to me to remind me that it is time to regain focus - time to work on immersing myself in what I am doing rather than trying to multi-task, simul-task - or whatever the heck you want to call it!  So I'm going to begin today - now - one thing at a time.
 Today's card is a build on the one I shared on Friday.  I had so much fun using my thumb print to create a bird I decided to create 2 :)  I once again used Bashful Blue for the birds and combined the birds with words from Fabulous Phrases.  I added the little heart from Itty Bitty Bits using Pretty In Pink ink.  Just a reminder...Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy and Pretty In Pink are all colors I used for this card and they are all being discontinued as part of Stampin' Up!s color refresh.  Don't miss the chance to purchase your favorite discontinued colors - they are disappearing fast!  Shop HERE now! :)  p.s. Happy Tax Day :)

No comments: