Friday, June 21, 2013

By The Tide Masculine Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Life Is Now
Last weekend we watched the movie Now Is Good.  I must admit that I cried most of the way through it (and yes, I did enjoy it!).  The movie reinforced for me the importance of recognizing that Life Is Now.  If you have been following my blog (and reading the words and not just looking at the pictures), you know that I seem to have a continual struggle with keeping myself focused and avoiding distraction.  Maybe these 3 words will help me.  Maybe if I remind myself of this message I will be better able to concentrate on what is right in front of me.  I feel an art project/art journal page coming on...Life is NOW!
Today's card was created using a brayer technique that definitely makes your fingers inky...if you don't wait for things to dry :)  I used the fish from the By The Tide stamp set and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I know it is after Father's Day, but I had submitted this card for consideration for publication so I wasn't able to post it 'til now.  It was not accepted for the magazine, but it definitely passed the very stringent guidelines I have on my blog :)  I need to film and post a video to share this fun and inky technique with you.  Hopefully next week!  Get your brayers ready!  It's going to be a lot of fun!!!!!

No comments: