Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wetlands Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Create Art Because I Have To
Gotta love an inner critic that is constantly questioning why you are spending time in the craft room!  At times I let that voice pull me in...and I start to question myself about why I bother to create art if it doesn't support me or if there are so many other things I could be, need to be, doing.  I finally listened to my soul and it had the most obvious answer for my inner critic - I create art because I have to.  I realize that for me, art is like air.  If I do not breathe it in, I will no longer exist.  Art is my ritual, my grace, my sustenance, my healing, my gift to others.  I create art because I have to.
Today's card was a quick and easy to create.  I stamped the grass image from the Wetlands stamp set, multiple times, using Pistachio Pudding ink.  Next, I stamped the goose using Staz-On and then colored him in with an aqua painter and ink.  Since I was using Whisper White card stock as my base, the water soaked through the card stock a bit.  To cover that up, I adhered Crumb Cake panels to the inside of the card.  I stamped the sentiment from Wetlands with Staz-On as well.  The final touch was to poke a hole in the spine of the card using my paper piercing tool  I then threaded a piece of linen thread through the hole, wrapped it around the card twice, and tied it in a bow.  I hope you like it!  P.S. The art journal page that I will be sharing with you this week was inspired by today's lesson from the craft room!

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

What a good motto, Michelle, I am going to write in my little book that you gave me, which I use for statements about how I want my life to be...
xxx