Friday, August 23, 2013

Reinker Glaze Art Journal Page Inspired by Serena Barton


On one of my recent trips through the Denver airport, I stopped in a shop on concourse B called Mosaic.  The shop carries art created by many different artists - jewelry, pottery, glass - and they also have a section in the back with books.  Since I had time before my flight, I started looking through the books and came upon one called Wabi-sabi Art Workshop by Serena Barton.  I was immediately attracted to the title since the Wabi-sabi philosophy was something I had recently been investigating.  It didn't take long to decide that I was going to purchase the book and take it with me on my trip!  I am still only half-way through the book and I am bursting with inspiration and motivation!!!!!!  In the book, Serena presents a wonderful technique of combining glazing fluid with reinkers to create beautiful landscapes.  As soon as I got home this week, I decided to give it a try in my art journal!  It started out slow, but I followed her step-by-step instructions and improvised a bit and this was the result!  I am sooooooo happy with how it turned out and I can't wait to begin work on a canvas or panel that I can hang in the house!  Thank you Serena for the amazing inspiration!  You can check out Serena's blog HERE!  And for those of you fortunate enough to be going to Art and Soul in Portland in September, I wish I could join you!  Serena will be teaching a few classes that I would LOVE to take!!!!!  And maybe one day I will because after all...if you put your mind to it, anything is possible!!!!!  Have a wonderful and creative weekend!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Oh Michelle, this takes my breath away. What a gorgeous landscape. The colors are so vibrant. Wow, can't wait to see what else you've been inspired to do.