Monday, October 14, 2013

Envelope Punch Board Halloween Treat Holder


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There is...beauty in the migration of the birds, the ebb and flow of the tides, the folded bud ready for the spring.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature - the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.  - Rachel Carson
After my travels last week I found my healing in walking with nature.  This past weekend was gorgeous here in Denver - the leaves turning every shade of yellow, red and orange.  I am once again in awe of nature - her ability to make death so stunning.  All of these leaves reaching the end of their lives and doing so brilliantly!  Leaving us (pun intended) with a dazzling reminder of the cyclical nature of life.  I hope to make such a glorious exit one day - to go out with colors blazing - having lived a full life of joy, appreciation and love.  Nature, you dazzle me!
I am in love with my envelope punch board!  How fun to be able to make "pocket" treat holders in so many different sizes!  I created this one from a 7 7/8" x 7 7/8" piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock.  It fits a regular-sized candy bar perfectly!  The mummy is on a belly band that slides up and down the treat holder.  I used the Top Note Bigz die along with the Halloween Hello stamp set and a few punches.  I foresee making a whole lot of these "pockets" to contain treats of different types :)  Can't wait to figure out what I can do next with the envelope punch board!!!!!

No comments: