Tuesday, October 15, 2013

From My Heart Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Can Find Every Reason Not To, But All It Takes Is One Reason To Do It
I'm sneaky.  At least that's what I'm discovering when it comes to creating.  If you asked me if my #1 thing to do is to create, I would be screaming, "Yes!!!!" before you finished the question!  But I'm sneaky.  I've started to notice that when I have minutes that I could be creating, I am doing anything but creating!  I am checking email.  I am straightening.  I am going outside to put out more bird seed.  I am drawn to do laundry, pet the dog, make a "to do" list.  Yup, anything but creating!  I can find every reason not to do it at that moment.  And yet I say that it is my most favorite thing to do.  So what is the deal?  I know!  FEAR!  The fear of creating.  The fear that I will be discovered as a fake!  That as long as I am not creating I can skip around the world believing I am an artist!  But what if I create something and...I...don't...like...it?????  Or, worse yet....YOU don't like it????  What then?  Am I still an artist??????  So I'm sneaky...that little fear monster helps me to find every reason not to create.  But all it takes is one reason to do it and that one reason is because I was born to create!  No matter what comes out of me.  No matter what mess I make or masterpiece I come up with.  It is what I was born to do!  And that's the only reason I need to march myself into that craft room and Do It!!!!!  Find your reason....and DO IT!!!!
Today's card began with the idea of sponging on computer paper.  Which then turned into putting the computer paper on top of the inside of an embossing folder and doing some rubbing with a sponge.  And then I ran the typing paper through the Big Shot with the embossing folder...and then sponged some more (a combo of Soft Suede and Always Artichoke ink).  The Always Artichoke panel was stamped with the Woodgrain stamp and then I adhered the computer paper.  Today I figured out that the sentiment from From My Heart actually fit into one of the labels framelits! :)  So I die cut it and sponged the edges and heat embossed the little heart with gold embossing powder.  I decided it needed a little something more so I created the mini hang tag using the Lovely Little Labels set.  I hope you like it...but if you don't...I'm still calling myself an artist! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have NO idea how your posts resonate with my own inner thoughts and fears. I really do need to finish some last-minute gardening while the weather holds (I have the same fears about creating outdoors as I do in my craft room) and some laundry (clean underwear is important, ya know!)...but, then, I'm determined to CREATE something out of paper. You're a true inspiration, Michelle, and you are truly an ARTIST!! XOXOX Doris