Thursday, October 17, 2013

Two-Sided Halloween Treat Holder


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There Is A Crack In Everything
I purchased a wonderful book that I have been reading at night before bed.  It is a book of quotes and small stories entitled Wabi Sabi The Art of Everyday Life by Diane Durston.  Last night I read this quote by Leonard Cohen, "Ring the bells that still can ring; Forget your perfect offering; There is a crack in everything; That's how the light gets in."  It is in a chapter about the beauty of imperfection.  I love the concept that there is a crack in everything and that is what allows our light to shine.  It led me to the idea that our perfection is actually that we are imperfect.  We are perfectly imperfect :)  And so too is our artwork.  Sometimes the lines aren't straight or the stamping is tilted or smudged.  Sometimes the card stock doesn't fold exactly as we would like or the impression doesn't stamp as clearly as we wish.  And it is in these "cracks" that the light of you gets in.  It is through these perfect imperfections that we show that we made it - that we put our heart and soul into it - in its perfectly imperfect state.
I decided to make a 2-Sided Halloween treat holder...'cuz it is all about the candy on Halloween (and Buddy and I wish people would just put candy on their lawns instead of all of those scary skeletons and spooky ghosts)!  I hope you have a perfectly beautiful day!  May it be filled with love, laughter...and cracks that let the light in!!!!

No comments: