Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Home Again

I'm back :)  For those of you that follow my blog consistently, you may have noticed that my lessons from the craft room had been put on pause.  I debated whether or not to let you know I would be taking time off and decided not to.  I still feel odd publicizing the times when I will be away from the computer.  I had a series of work trips and a vacation all in a row and felt it was too much pressure to place on myself to try to get posts scheduled for my time away.  So I just kept my commitment to Craft Project Central and scheduled those posts and gave myself permission to step away for a bit.  Vacation was much-needed and I'm not sure I found the type of consistent peace I was looking for.  However, there were a few highlights to the trip that transported me to a place of peace and serenity and the photo above captures one of them.  I was in a bay where the water stretched on for miles and the water only got as deep as my waste - so I enjoyed walking out into the water and looking out on the horizon and simply breathing.  It was magical!  I also experienced yoga nidra - taught by a wonderful woman who shared her gift of guiding people through this spiritual and meditative practice.  She allowed me to record one of the sessions and I have been trying to continue the practice since my return.  I am hoping she will come out with a CD so that I can share her information with you - truly a blessing for me!
As I look forward to 2014 I know there are lessons that I need to continue to grow into - letting go; being open; creating; and quieting the terrorist that lives inside my head.  I am home again and I am looking forward to sharing my time and my growth with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Michelle. You were missed. Glad you had some magical moments during your vacation. XO Doris