Friday, December 20, 2013

More Tag/Ornament Boxes!!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Discover What Quiets Your Mind
When I am on the road working I often don't have time to slow down and just think about my life, my future, my current state of being.  I'm in fast forward when I'm working.  When I get home, my speed shifts down into a slower gear...sometimes even to "park!"  And, of course, my mind starts wandering, thinking, pondering, questioning.  Sometimes where my mind goes creates stress or depression or just overwhelming distraction or disjointedness.  I am so very grateful that on my recent vacation I met an incredible woman who introduced me to the practice of Yoga Nidra.  She even guided a number of us through the meditation practice and allowed me to record the session.  It has become a source of peace for me.  When I begin to feel like I'm becoming overwhelmed or stressed or just plain unfocused, I can go and lie down and experience this guided meditation.  It helps to quiet my mind and allows me to find a place of stillness and comfort.  There are a number of CDs of Yoga Nidra that she recommended.  I have not listened to them yet, but I have purchased them.  One is Experience Yoga Nidra by Swami Janakananda.  The other is called Journey Through The Body by Amrit Desai.  I do not know if Yoga Nidra can do for you what it seems to be doing for me.  What I do know is that it is important to discover what quiets your mind and I am so grateful this practice found its way to me :)  (Another thing that found its way to me in the form of a gift is the Feel Good Hug by Origins and the Stress Relieving Hug by Origins!  These make wonderful gifts - a body wrap filled with essential oils that can be heating or cooled!  I highly recommend them!  There is a final flavor - Bedtime - that I haven't smelled yet, but I imagine it is as delicious as the other ones!).
Now on to today's projects!  The elf head design was created by Cathy Gray!  So cute!  You can find out more about Cathy and the elf head directions at Splitcoaststampers or on her blog here.  The body - specifically the arms and shoes were inspired by Marie Shaughnessy.  You can find a great elf card tutorial on her blog here!  Of course, the triangle box and the Santa were both inspired by Lisa Brown whose YouTube video I mentioned to you yesterday!  It's amazing how one box shape can inspire you to keep creating!  The adorable tag/ornament boxes can hold candy or other small surprises!  Of course you can also adapt them for any holiday/celebration!  Yes, you will be seeing these boxes again :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are so stinkin' cute!! Thanks for sharing! So glad the yoga is helping to bring you peace. I can relate to what you're going through. Wish I were closer, to give you real hugs and in-person support. The cyber ones just aren't the same, although they're sent with love and care. Doris XOXO