Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Altering A Tin Can With Acrylic Felt!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Stretch!
I have been swimming quite a bit lately and I am quite aware that I have not been taking the time to stretch out the muscles that are serving me so well when I swim.  So I finally followed through on my desire to spend an hour stretching.  I have to say that by the time I was done with the hour I was ready to fall asleep!  Who knew that stretching could be so exhausting!  Or maybe it was just relaxing.  Either way I feel that I treated my body to a much deserved break.  Whatever we are doing - work, creativity, exercise - we need to also provide ourselves the gift of stretching out or relaxing the muscles that are serving us so well.
Today I want to thank Alisa Burke for the amazing inspiration that prompted me to run to the craft room and turn this tin can into a felt-covered scissor holder!  I used hot glue and acrylic felt and had a lot of fun playing!  Here is Alisa's original post!  I love her use of color in these projects!  Can't wait to felt some more things! :)

No comments: