Sunday, August 17, 2014

Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #38

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  We see the world not as it is, but as we are. - Albert Einstein
I swam today and I listened attentively to the thoughts that came into my mind.  Thoughts of competition.  Thoughts of not being good enough.  Thoughts of allowing myself to do the best I could do.  Thoughts of release and calm.  Everything I "saw" in that pool today was not the world as it is, but as I am.  My thoughts were directly connecting with how I was experiencing the world - experiencing my swim.  When I could "see" with thoughts of release and calm, the water was supporting me - working with me.  When I "saw" with my thoughts of competition and inadequacy, I fought the water.  Yes, we see the world not as it is, but as we are.  So the questions I need to ask myself are "How am I?" and "How do I choose to be?"
Today I am sharing my Creating Pretty Cards - Sketch Challenge #38 submission!  I had fun using the Tap Tap Tap stamp set!  I was inspired by the sample challenge card to just use black ink and Very Vanilla card stock and this is what happened!  I hope you like it!  Head on over to Craft Project Central and participate in the challenge!  You might win a free month subscription to Craft Project Central!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love the simplicity of the colors you chose. What a statement it makes!

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Great card, Michelle! I really like that stamp set and the way you used the images. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge!

Anonymous said...

OOOOH! I love this!