Monday, March 02, 2009

Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: Think Outside the Box!

Today's technique challenge was to make a crimped envelope pocket card. My mind decided to think outside the box and rather than create a square/rectangular card, the minute my mind thought about the look of crimped paper it thought CUPCAKE!!! (yes, my mind tends to think of cupcakes a bit anyway, so the thought could have just been randomly running through my mind and I'm just trying to tie the thought to the crimped paper...I admit it :)

The idea of a big cupcake also made me think of the SU Simple Birthday Thanks stamp. So, I made my own template for the cupcake top (which I'm happy to share with you if you email me or leave a comment on this post) and cut it out of 2 sheets of card stock (this card is a mirror image on the back). I sponged the top with green galore. I created a "stencil" with my 1 1/4" and 1/2" circle punches and used them to put dots on the bottom of the cupcake. I used the 1/2" circle punch and horizontal slot punch for sprinkles. The inside card is simple - just green galore on the bottom with a whisper white layer and a small stamp of the cupcake from the short & sweet set. The cherry was punched from a 1 1/4" circle punch and then "modified" a bit. I cut the stem freehand.

So next time you find yourself in a box remember to think outside of it (who knows, you might get a cupcake :)

No comments: