Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: You Don't Have To Wait For A Special Occasion

When I saw today's color challenge it immediately made me think of Christmas. It seems that anytime I see red and green together Christmas comes to mind. Then I realized that we don't have to wait for Christmas to use color combinations like red and green. The lesson expanded for me as I thought about how often we wait for a special day to do certain things - take certain actions; say certain things. Why wait? Today, give thanks even though it is not Thanksgiving; share the gift of your love with friends and family even though it is not a holiday; cook a festive meal, play a fun game, spend time reflecting - today is as much a holiday as any day - you don't need to wait for a special occasion.

I covered the Batch of Blooms chipboard with whisper white cardstock and used real red ink to cover the chipboard hearts. The black cardstock was run through the Big Shot with the distressed Texturz plate.

1 comment:

Marita's said...

Great insight!,Michelle.
I'll take it into account. I said today to a person who retires from the company, how much I valued her. Then I though: Why did I have to wait until she retires? Why don't we just spontaneously say the positive things we think?
By the way, Did you read my first entry in my blog. I wrote about you!
Keep in touch
Marita