Saturday, May 02, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: It May Not Be What You Had Hoped, But It Can Be An Experience You Will Never Forget!

Prom. It is one of those events that seems to have "magic" written all over it...at least that's what we're supposed to believe. I'm sorry to say that my high school prom was not quite the fantasy that I had imagined. The night before the prom I still had no dress, no date and not a pair of shoes to be seen. I won't go into the details, but by the next day my dad had found me a date, the dress had arrived and the shoes were on my feet :) No, it was not the fantasy prom night I might have imagined, and I never did see the guy who took me again...but the night represented a time when my dad tried to make his little girl happy; where my white eyelet dress made me feel like a princess; and where I learned that an event is just an event - the event isn't the magic - it's the people and what you make of it.

The inspiration challenge on SCS today was to find a Faviana dress that inspired you (www.faviana.com). The dress I chose is the one that I have now placed in my inspiration journal that you see in the photo. I loved the color combo of brushed gold, really rust, and more mustard - not a combo I would have put together without the help of the dress :) I gold embossed the images (Kindred Spirit stamp set and Thank You Kindly stamp set - both by Stampin' Up!) and the bookplate die cut. The ribbon was "pleated" by laying down a piece of sticky strip and then slowly "pleating" the ribbon, little by little. Hope you like it!

No comments: