Friday, May 01, 2009


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Find Ways To Warm Your Heart

Today is a drizzly, cold and cloudy day here in Colorado. A perfect day to stay indoors and find ways to warm your heart. Creating, sharing kind words, warming soup on the stove...I love days like this that seem to slow us down and remind us of the comfort a little warmth can bring. So today, find ways to warm your heart and the hearts of others :)

This card was inspired by a color combination I saw in a home decor magazine (the top photo shows the original picture - a Calvin Klein furniture collection that I have now saved in my inspiration journal). I stamped the flowers for the border and cut out a few and popped them up on dimensionals. I added a bit of "bling" with some glue and dazzling diamonds. The butterfly was stamped and colored in with a blender pen and a bit of going gray ink and finished with a sprinkle of dazzling diamonds. The butterfly and flowers are from the "god's beauty" hostess set from SU! and the greeting is from the "echoes of kindness" hostess set from SU! Enjoy!

No comments: