Sunday, May 03, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Let It Come To You

I had a dream about making a scallop edged card...how funny that today's featured stamper on SCS had a wonderful scallop card in her gallery to inspire me!

It's funny how some things just come to you when you need them. Today's gallery card gave me the extra little nudge I needed to sit down and make my own scallop card. I took a 10"x5" piece of whisper white card stock, scored it and folded it in half and then used my scallop circle die to make the card. If you line up the fold line just beneath the edge of the scallop circle on the die (inside the scallop circle), the die will not cut through the folded edge and you will have a scallop card! Today's color combination also "just came to me." I was looking at my mess of a craft table and there, in the center, were the new rolls of ribbon that I just got from SU! The tangerine tango ribbon was on top of the baja breeze ribbon and I thought "what a pretty combo!" Sometimes you have to just sit back and let things come to you :)

No comments: