Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Everything Happens In Its Own Time

This is a difficult time of year for me. You would think the joy would overtake the sadness - everything is in bloom - the sky is bright blue. And yet, as it gets closer to May 9th, the anniversary of my father's death, I find myself getting a bit melancholy. One of Michael's friends is also in the hospital right now - everyone is waiting to see what will happen - to see if he will rally or if now is his time. I realize that everything happens in its own right time - whether it is life or death or a creation we are making. We try to manipulate when and how things happen, but ultimately, everything finds its own right time - a time that is perfect and right.

This card had its own right time too. Had I not walked by the Cheerios box this morning I would not have been captivated by the bright yellow, red and black on the box and this card would not have come into being today (or maybe any other day).

So today recognize that all is well. All is happening in its own right time. We can sit back and take a deep breath and exhale....

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

That's one gorgeous card. Thank goodness for Cheerio's!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

This is AWESOME!! Love how you used the SU flower dies and the colors! They POP!!